It's engagement season! The grass is green, buds are beginning to show up on trees and the sun is shining long enough to get outside and capture some really beautiful engagement photos. Photos for your save the dates, invites, signing album or just as a record of this special time before your big day. The most common question we get is "What do I wear?" and most of the time this is coming from the bride to be. Here are a few pointers to help you and your partner look effortlessly perfect in your photos...
1) Try to coordinate. No need to be all matchy-matchy but subtle color coordination can make you both look effortlessly in sync. No need to look like twins, but if you both dress within the same color family it can make such a big difference and makes it much easier to find light that flatters both of you.
2) Keep your surroundings in mind. If you're planning to have an epic backdrop of mountains, or walking along the beach; then it may be best to keep your outfits simple. Still try to have some coordination but no need to go over the top.
3) Feel free to include fluffy friends! Coordinate with us ahead of time and make an opportunity to include your whole little family.
4) Embrace your style. Use your engagement shoot as an excuse to go shopping and get that cute pair of heels you've been eying, or bling out with some cute new jewellery.
5) Be practical! If you're planning an outdoor shoot make sure you're aware of the weather so you're not freezing to death or having to cut your shoot short because you're too cold. No need to get sick the week while busy planning the big day. Bundle up if need be, wear layers, and always bring some extra clothes so you can easily adapt. It doesn't hurt to keep this in mind with shoes as well, if you're doing a shoot in the middle of the mountains, maybe bring some walking shoes as well, instead of relying purely on your heels.
6) Don't be afraid to mix it up. If we have time, we can usually do two outfits/looks. This way you can have some diversity and show off your personalities more. Show your outdoorsy/romantic side as well as your urban/outgoing side.
7) Add props. This can give some direction to the shoot, add a bit of a theme, and make your photos unique. If it's rainy the day of your shoot, add a fun umbrella and go with it! Have a beautiful car you're in love with? Let's use it!
8) Don't be afraid to take the spotlight. If your man opts for neutrals, go ahead and slip into a bit of color. The contrast will look great on camera.
Playing around with some food video.
Had an awesome creative/fashion shoot with stylist Carrie Brody. Despite the cold weather the models did great and we were able to do so many different looks!
Yay! Album in! This is one thing that I think sets us apart. Metallic, thick pages, and leather bound with acrylic cover. When the wedding is over and all is said and done, this is one of the tangible things you have from the most important day of your life. That's why we take pride in making more than an album. It becomes a family heirloom.